What is a practice drum pad? Well, a drum pad or also known as the practice pad is a type of a musical instrument that is being used by many percussionists and drummers to warm up before their live performances and also to play drums quietly. Many drummers prefer to use practice drum pads while practicing. The drum pads are designed to perfectly fit in the different needs of every percussionist or drummer.
Since the Whiplash developed in these days, many young teenagers and young adults are now getting started to have an interest in drumming. Drum Practice Pads now become the most popular entertaining instrument that can be used as your bedroom background noise. The electronic drum is one of the most expensive musical equipment that you can purchase in many online stores nationwide. It is being used for practice, in a studio, and for a percussionist live performances. Because electric drums are expensive, these drum practice pads are much more affordable and can give you high quality performances.
However, choosing a Drum Practice Pad for Playing in the bedroom is not that easy as purchasing any type of musical instrument and equipment for the first time. And you are lucky if you are looking for the best Drum Practice Pad for Playing in Bedroom because this article will give you the top five Drum Practice Pads that will suit all your needs and wants.
- Drumeo P4 Practice Pad
- Tosnail Drum Practice Pad
- Evans Realfeel 2-Sided Practice Pad
- Vic Firth 12″ Double-Sided Practice Pad
- Movement Drums 12” Double-Sided Practice Pad
let’s take a look of this list below.
This Drumeo P44 Practice Pad is composed of four drums that will allow you to create four different tones and sounds. If you are looking for the accurate and consistent type of drum practice pad, this will perfectly fit for you. Yes, it has the price amount that is a little bit more expensive than the other types of drum practice pad, but this is worth buying for.
This type of practice drum pad will allow you to develop several drumming and stick techniques. And due to its 4 pieces drum placement, it will also enable you to have realistic drumming movements. You will be able to play the toms, cymbals, and snare. Though the sound of the toms might not be similar to the sound of real toms, it will still give you some ideas of how to hit it and when to hit it varying upon the music you want to practice.
Pros and Cons of Drumeo P4 Practice Pad
- It will perfectly fit any standard snare stands.
- It will give you some challenges about drumming rudiments.
- It is made up of reliable and durable materials.
- It will give you the perfect bounce that has surprising densities that you can find in every pad section.
- It will enable you to experience real drumming movements because of its 4 pieces of drum placement.
- It is perfect to use for silent drum practicing.
- It is manufactured in the United States and handmade with high quality raw materials.
- It is a little bit more expensive compared to other brands of the practice drum pad.
- The toms pad will not give you a similar sound of the real toms.
This Tosnail Drum Practice Pad is a 12-inch practice pad that is really recommended by experts to use by many starters out there. Aside from its appealing visual designs, this drum practice pad is also odorless. It doesn’t contain any chemical smells that might distract your drumming experience.
This Tosnail Drum Practice Pad is not that expensive as the Drumeo P4 Practice Pad, but it might still be expensive for some drum players. Despite its high price amount, it is definitely worth buying for. This type of drum practice pad is fun to play yet bouncy. It is stable, durable and will not create any marks on its drumming pads on your every hit. One of the best benefits of using this Tosnail Drum Practice Pad is that it comes up with a single pair of 5A drum sticks. It might not be as well-made and durable as the other branded drumsticks, but still, it will give you fine works for your good start.
Pros and Cons of Tosnail Drum Practice Pad
- It will have no marks for your every hit on its drumming pads.
- It is odorless, eco-friendly and does not contain any annoying chemical smells.
- It comes up with a single pair of 5A drumsticks for free.
- Portable, lightweight and very convenient to use.
- It is a little bit inexpensive compared to its branded counterparts.
- It is well-known for its durability.
- It is perfect for silent drumming experiences.
- The free 5A drumsticks of it might break easily.
- The blue colored coverings of the drum pads may begin to show some signs of peeling after some weeks of usage.
- It is not double-sided.
This Evans Realfeel 2-Sided Practice Pad will give you a suitable drumming experience because it contains large and wide playing ground that will fit any types of snare baskets easily. It has the fabric and a gray and black colored covering that are durable and will not peel off easily. You can use it for a longer period without changing its looks.
As you can see, the black side of the drum practice pad will give you louder sounds with a lesser bounce every time you will hit it, while the gray colored side will give you silent sound with a great rebound. Both of the gray and black sides are ideal for your drum practicing varying upon the situation or music you want to practice. One of the best benefits that you can get from buying this Evans Realfeel 2-Sided Practice Pad is that you will not be able to purchase two different practice pads. Thus you can save your extra money for purchasing other tools and equipment that you can use for your drum practice pad set.
Pros and Cons of Evans Realfeel 2-Sided Practice Pad
- It will offer you a real like drumstick rebound because of its good quality rubber and natural gum.
- It has 12 inches diameter, which will look like a real snare drum set.
- It has a price amount that is perfect for any buyers who love to experience realistic drumming practice.
- It is durable and sturdy.
- It will perfectly fit any types of standard snare basket.
- It is not too small and not too large, which fit any size of the drum pad.
- It will offer the beginners the flexible practice experience due to its feature which called as the “two-sides-two-feels.”
- It might be heavier for you that the other types of drum practice pads.
- It will give you some quality problems such as its visible glue marks that you can see on its rubber and wood areas.
- It has an annoying chemical smell.
This Vic Firth 12 Inches Double Sided Practice Pad is one of the best and the greatest type of drum practice pads that you can use, this is because of its 12 inches double-sided feature that is very convenient for both the hard or loud practicing and soft or silent practicing. You will not also require purchasing two different pads that will work for several drumming purposes.
Because of its soft rubber, you can practice your drumming skills even at night when everyone in your house is asleep, and because of its hard rubber, you will enable to boost your drumming experience into louder sounds. This Vic Firths 12 Inches Double Sided Practice Pad will give you two different intensities that will vary upon your feelings.
Pros and Cons of Vic Firth 12 Inches Double Sided Practice Pad
- The Vic Firth brand prides its original and realistic drumming experience because it has its base that is made up of wood.
- It does not contain any nasty chemical smell.
- When the loud side was played, it will give you a realistic drumming experience.
- It is portable and lightweight.
- It is versatile and has a double-sided feature.
- Each side of the practice drum pad was made up of high quality premium rubber.
- It is ideal for you to practice stick techniques and will enhance your control and speed.
- It is much more expensive than the other brands of drum practice pads.
- It will bounce too much on your every hit.
- It will give you some quality problems including the curling of each side of the drum practice pad for some weeks of usage.
The Movement Drum Company decided to manufacture a 12 inches drum practice pad that will offer its clients the 4 different grounds that will perfectly fit to all the practice needs of different drummers. This type of drum practice pad is the transportable and innovative pad that will perfectly fit any type of concert snare drummer, marching percussionists and drum kit players.
This type of drum practice pad has the features of responsive silicon rubber pad with a rim and a top side. And as stated by its name as the “double-sided practice pad,” this pad also contains rimless, the bottom side that has the quieter and denser surface that will maintain the pad stable while hitting its different sides. The clear polycarbonate is also inserted on it to add some tight and crisp marching snare. It was also inserted a quieter and softer conditioning pad to give you lesser rebound once you hit it, which helps you to enhance your drumming techniques and skills.
Pros and Cons of Movement Drums 12 Inches Double Sided Practice Pad
- You can replace its clear polycarbonate.
- The second side of this pad is rimless that will enable you to place it in snare drum, stand or table.
- The first side f this pad has a rim that looks like a real drum.
- It is made up of durable and sturdy ram materials.
- It will give you 12 inches playing grounds for its 4 different pads.
- The only disadvantage of this Movement Drum 12 Inches Double Sided Practice Pad is that the clear polycarbonate inserted inside of it may reduce because of the excessive usage of the marching sticks.
To sum it up, all the mentioned drum practice pads will perfectly fit for your bedroom playing without disturbing other people in your room. You can purchase all of these in many online stores nationwide such as Amazon with the price ranging from 250.00 US Dollars to 350.00 US Dollars. It might be pricey for you, but because of its high quality works, your money will all be paid off. These drum practice pads will fit for both young teenagers and young adults who still love to have realistic drumming experiences.