Do you have plans of recording music? Then, you can get an adapter for your guitar and plug the instrument into the audio card of your PC. But, the sound quality will be worse than you have ever expected. There will be probably some lag and other serious problems. Plus, your overall experience will be burdensome. This is where the best audio interface comes in.
Whether you’re a beginner, an advanced audio engineer, or a professional who are on the lookout for the best and the most affordable interface on the market, you have come to the right place. In this article, we have gathered the essential features and a comprehensive review of your perfect option. So, sit back, relax, and find the option that suits your interests.
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- PreSonus Studio 192
- RME Fireface UCX
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Duo
Let’s take a look of this list below.
Of course, your biggest concern in buying the best audio interface is its cost. Well, some can be expensive. But there are choices you can try at a competitive price. One of those is the U-Phoria from Behringer. Yes, you can acquire huge savings. But the build, actual audio, and other features are not compromised.
If you’re looking for a one-stop for home recording, then the Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD USB 2.0 audio interface is worth checking out. Perfect for singer-songwriters, the U-Phoria UMC202HD provides you two surprisingly simple, world-class MIDAS-designed mic preamps, in addition to the connectivity you need for the own guitars, keyboards, and other devices – all in studio-grade 24-bit/192kHz resolution. The audio interface is a value-packed studio-in-a-box!
Another thing that users love about U-Phoria is its portability. Compared to other brands out there, it is slightly smaller. This makes it an ideal choice for people of different needs. For travelers, this got your back. It is powered thru the USB connection and well-built.
- U-Phoria is packed with aesthetic and sturdy designs you would love. It is something you can boast to your buddies.
- Great for Beginners. Are you a new musician? Then, this brand has everything for you. As you master all the basics, you can try multiple
- High-quality audio. Unclear audio? Lagging issues? These problems won’t be a dilemma with this fantastic
- It doesn’t have DAW. When looking for this feature, choose other alternatives.
- It has compatibility issues with Windows 10. Plus, it has limited compatibility with DAWs.
With the growing number of providers in the industry, Focusrite has a special and unique place. It is well-known for high-quality studio equipment and a range of models. The Scarlett 2i2 audio interface provides a straightforward and natural approach to recording impressively clear audio.
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of updates. Scarlett creation two features super-low latency that will bring confidence to your performance, letting you monitor and record software effects in real time. Its metal volume controls along with a sleeker reddish metal chassis underscore its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. Scarlett USB audio interfaces also now work at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and even the input channels have evolved too. The hottest Scarlett mic preamp includes a more gain arrangement, which means you can accurately place your levels, and the device input has been remodeled so it can manage poorly sexy pickups for recording electric guitar.
Although you are on a relatively tight budget, you don’t need to compromise productivity and quality. With its specs and features, it is an audio interface you shouldn’t miss. Keep reading to find more information.
- It’s easy to set up and use. Even though you don’t have prior knowledge to use such an excellent tool, don’t worry! It’s simple to utilize.
- It includes a DAW and other additional plugins.
- It is compatible with any device.
- It features direct monitoring and phantom power.
- It is not an excellent option for MIDI devices. Opt for other alternatives.
- It has relatively limited connectivity.
Another best audio interface to take advantage of is the Studio 192 by PreSonus. Built with a simple front panel, it gives you extensive control over the inputs and outputs. It is packed with different LEDs that show individual channels.
Featuring lots of the benefits that have produced the StudioLive show among the most popular mixer lineups in, the PreSonus Studio 192 sound interface provides you the functionality and flexibility you want. This 26-in/32-out USB 3.0 sound interface comes packed with a large central control segment, including track management that uses the DSP-driven screen mixing. The Studio 192’s onboard DSP goes well beyond zero-latency tracking, supplying PreSonus’s Fat Channel EQ and dynamics on each input channel. All told you to get a fantastic bang for your dollar with a PreSonus Studio 192 USB 3.0 sound port.
- Comfortable multiple channel handling. You can handle different channels with peace of mind.
- Especially simple front panel controls. Say bye to your existing audio interface. You can have it replaced with this impressive product
- It has a built-in. It is ideal for communicating with other performers.
- Comes with many useful software packs.
- It does not have MIDI.
- Its USB 3.0 is not extraordinary.
Another brand that offers a unique approach to recording audio is the Fireface UCX from RME. Since availability, it has been gaining popularity because of its simple design. But it goes beyond that. Its front features two standard instrument ones and two combined inputs. It also has a selector knob that is tailored for controlling the levels and the active data. Compared to other options, it can be used via Firewire or USB connection.
The RME Fireface UCX is a superb solution, the synonym of fidelity, quality, firmness, and endurance. The simple fact which you can record and track at latencies much like PCI and PCIe cards, on a USB 2.0 connection, says a good deal about this organization’s commitment to excellence. Aboard it’s a new creation (2011) converter processor which provides better sound quality and reduced latencies compared to the converters found on the FF400/800.
All of RME products come with the most secure drivers in the industry. Sometimes people forget that, however good the specs of a commodity, with no stable drivers, you will not be able to rely on it. That is the kind of peace of mind that RME products give you. They work and get the work done! Also, but you may also record music using an iPad! To personally, this is one cool feature that hardly any interface (as of this writing) could boas.
It’s an excellent solution for mobile recording if you’re into that sort of thing (though the BabyFace would be a much better option for two mobile channel recording). Directly speaking, this is a fantastic product, and I thoroughly recommend it as long as its own feature set satisfies your expectations.
- It is compatible with Firewire and USB. This helps you maximize its use without any inconvenience.
- It has an optimal iPad compatibility.
- It comes with an internal memory for presets.
- You can control it via a remote.
- It only has one headphone.
- It has two mic preamps.
Lastly, we have the Apollo Twin MKII Duo from the Universal Audio. While it can be a luxury, it is equipped with a variety of amazing features. Its high-quality performance makes it a worth-it investment for all users out there.
The next-generation Apollo Twin Series is a ground-up redesign of the original delivering improved audio conversion with the tone, texture, and flow of analog tape. Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the first Apollo Twin’s gold-standard sound quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin enables you to record during the full array of UAD Powered Plug-ins including real analog emulations of iconic vintage recording gear.
- Tested for amazing audio quality. You don’t need to replace this best audio interface because of performance issues. Its sound quality would fulfill your goal.
- Its unison plugins allow for real-time tracking or monitoring.
- It’s simple but effective. The outstanding output is what to expect at the end of the day.
- There’s no included Thunderbolt, But this is not a big issue at all. The tons of features make it one of the best solutions to purchase.
There you have it! Audio interface plays a vital role in your success as an aspiring music recorder. Choose any of the given options today and have a stress-free experience ahead. ENJOY!